1) Prime Minister Rozgar Yojona (PMRY)
It is a self-employment scheme for educated unemployed youth with eligibility...
a) Class VIII passed
b) Age – 18 to 35 years (relaxable upto 45 years for SC / ST /
Women / Physically handicapped / Ex-Servicemen)
c) Project upto Rs 2.00 lakh for Industries/Service and Rs 1.00 lakh for Business
d) Annual family income – Rs 40,000/- (Max)
2) Normal Bank Finance Scheme
If is one of the major schemes for setting up SSI unit. The Projects/Schemes for the purpose should have sufficient equity participation.
3) Loan Under BSAI Act
This assistance is mainly for Handicrafts
Sector. Limit of loan upto Rs 10,000/-. The rate of interest is 8% with a rebate of 2.5% on regular re-payment.
INCENTIVE SCHEME FOR SSI
West Bengal Incentive Scheme 2000
– SSI units commenced after 01.01.2000 will be entitled for this scheme. The features of this scheme are...
a) 25% subsidy on fixed capital investment (Land, Building, Plant & Machinery)
b) 50% (60% in case of agro and food processing units, IT, Electronics industry) subsidy on paid interest on Bank/FI loan for consecutive 7 years and 9 years
c) Remission of Stamp Duty and Registration Fee on purchase of Land or Buildings.
FACILITIES AND OTHER SERVICES
1. S.S.I. Registration
a) Provisional/Temporary Registration : Before starting the SSI Unit, this registration is issued
b) Permanent/Final Registration : After commencement of production of SSI Unit, this registration is issued
Preference for power connection
Priority is given for WBSEB electric power connection to registered SSI Unit
3. Project/Scheme Vetting
Project Scheme of SSI unit is vetted for technical feasibility
4. Marketing Assistance to Handicraft Products
Given through participation in WB Handicrafts Expo'
Special Assistance rendered
For setting up Haldia Petrochemicals Downstream Units.
6. National Project of Bio-Gas Development (NPBD)
Construction of Bio-gas plant (family size 1-cum to 10-cum). Main usage are...
a) Domestic cooking and lighting
b) Production of organic manure (enriched with NPK) for better yield in agricultural, horticultural & pisicultural sectors
c) Helps to maintain ecological balance. Provision of Govt. subsidy to all categories of beneficiaries
7. Pollution Clearance for SSI Units
Pollution Clearance Certificate (consent for starting all categories, viz. Green, Orange, Red of SSI units) is issued on behalf of WBPCB and also the consent to operate for Green category only
8. Training Programme
Some training programmes on different trades as mentioned below are organised from time
to time for prospective entrepreneurs and handicraft artisans
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme
- Special Training Programmes for Women/Physically Handicapped and Backward Classes (plumbing, pump-set repair, umbrella repair, batik print, etc.)
- Transfer of Skill and Service Centres (terracotta)
- Design Development/Craft Development for Handicraft Industries, Cane and Bamboo Products, Wood Carving, Solapith work
9. REGP/BSKP/Minority Loans
Technical vetting of project/scheme is done here for these Extra departmental financial assistance schemes...
a) REGP (Rural Employment generation programme)
It is launched by Khadi and Village Industries Commission. The main features are...
- Meant only for rural areas of population (less that 20,000) and for viable village-industry projects.
- Maximum limit – projects upto Rs 10.0 lakhs and Rs 25.0 lakhs for institution @ 30% project cost upto Rs 10.00 lakhs will be provided as Margin Money in the form of backend subsidy after 2 years.
Bangla Swanirbhar Karma Sangthan Prakalpa
This Scheme is promoted by Youth Welfare Department. The key features are...
- For municipal areas only
- Projects on industry, service & business sectors
- Projects upto Rs 10.0 lakhs for individual @ 20% Govt. Subsidy on the project cost
Self-employment Project for Minority Communities only. Scheme is financed and promoted by West Bengal Minorities Development & Finance Corporation (WBMDFC). The main features are...
- Age – 18 to 45 years
- Annual family income – Rs 42,142/- for urban area and Rs 31,952/- for rural areas
- Generation of Govt. or Semi Govt. employee upto 53 years
- Interest – 7.5% pa